Associates for Scriptural Knowledge
P.O. Box 25000
Portland, OR 97298-0990
Welcome to the Associates for Scriptural Knowledge Web site. Our Web site
contains our library of publications, audio CD tracks, video
presentations and many articles and news items that deal with Historical,
Scientific, and Theological issues. This page describes the overall
content of the A.S.K. Web site and how to find your way around the pages of the
- OUR HOME PAGE
- Our home page is organized into sections. Each section represents a
complete topical information area of our site. These sections include:
- Site Banner - the graphic at the top of each page that identifies
the site and an area within the site
- Site Navigation - pull-down menus that reveal the content of the
ASK web site
- Study Search - Search the ASK web site for topical articles
- Featured Articles - a slide show of articles of importance to you
- Temple Update - the latest information on the temple
- Communications - commentaries from ASK and monthly newsletter
- New Visitors - an introduction to the ASK web site (this page) and
articles you will want to read
- Multimedia - audio tracks and video presentations you won't want to
The bullet points under a section are hyperlinks to the material found in
- SITE REQUIREMENTS
- To enjoy our web site to the fullest, you will want to use the latest
copies of Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer. The A.S.K. web site uses active rollovers and Cascading Style
Sheets to control all content on the web site. We are able to obtain a
consistent look and feel and fast load times through the use of CSS. Some
browser versions will display the pages but some color and lines may not be
You will need Real Player and Macromedia Flash player to view the video
and audio content found on this web site. For your convenience, we have
placed links to the vendors of this software on appropriate pages within
our site. In most cases free versions of this software is available.
A 56KB or higher connection is suggested to connect to our site. In
addition, our pages are designed to be viewed in a 1024x768 32 bit color
format. Smaller resolutions may have to scroll horizontally to view a
page. Larger resolutions may have white space on the right as the ASK web
pages are fixed in width.
- PRINTING ASK WEB PAGES
- If you intend to print any web pages, we suggest that you set your
browser setting to print background colors and graphics. This will produce
the best results. If you have a color printer, our web pages will yield a
very pleasing visual presentation. Set your printer to "fine quality" or
"best color". Many of our article pages contain photographic content. A good
quality color or 600DPI laser or ink jet printer will yield great results.
Also note that you should turn on background colors and images. These
settings are typically found in the Internet Options section of your
- TOPIC INDEX/ARCHIVE PAGES
- Each of the sections found on the ASK home page have a corresponding
index page that lists all the items available on the web site for that section.
Older articles are found on the archive pages linked at the bottom of the
index page. For example, the Prophecy index page contains a text hyperlink to each article that
deals with the Bible Prophecy. To the right of each title is the date the article
was written and immediately below the title is a short introductory
Simply click on the title hyperlink to read the content of that
- HYPER LINKS
- All hyperlinks are plain text and use standard color notation. For
browsers that support Cascading Style Sheets, all hyperlinks are active
- PAGE HEADING
- The A.S.K. graphic banner heading appears on each A.S.K. web page. You
will note the old familiar rotating globe with our new web site banner
graphic immediately to the right on our home page. The page name is
identified in the banner area on the right side in the dark blue area.
- STANDARD CONTENT AND SECONDARY
- Below the heading banner graphic is the navigation bar. The bar consists
of the major categories or sections of the ASK web site. Items that contain
a down-arrow indicate that there is a sub-menu bar associated with the item.
Simply move your mouse over that item to see a pull-down menu containing
additional menu choices. Mouse over a choice and click the mouse to go to
Some navigation menu items have a 3rd level. These are indicated with a
The currently displayed page may appear in the menu lists as a highlighted
entry to assist you in noting your position within the ASK web site
- PAGE FOOTER
(copyright and notice)
- At the bottom of each A.S.K. page is the ASK copyright and support
- The ASK Communications section contains our current Commentary, the
Commentary archive and the ASK Monthly newsletter. Simply select from the
pull-down list to view the list of commentaries or newsletters.
- BOOKS ONLINE
- ASK has made available a number of the books written by Ernest L. Martin
online. The pages list several chapters of the book in a weekly changing
list. You can read each chapter as it becomes available each week or if you
prefer, you can purchase the entire book.
- ASK BOOKS FOR SALE
- A.S.K. has published a fine array of books dedicated to increasing your
knowledge of Bible History and Theology. Simply click on a book title to view the page that describes that
You can order our books from our order web page. You will not want to be
without one or more of our books. They are reasonably priced and offer you
a wealth of knowledge and understanding.
- Once or twice a month, A.S.K. publishes an article that is sent to our
regular subscribers. That same article is available in an expanded edition
on our web site. Articles may be found in the Temple Update, Prophecy,
Doctrine, and ASK COMMENTARY sections. These articles
may be viewed or printed and read off-line.
- Each month, A.S.K. publishes a newsletter that contains one or more
topics that deal with world conditions, prophecy, or events happening at
- We produce a number of lectures on audio CD. Some of these are
available as Real Player audio tracks on the web site. You will need a
copy of Real Player installed on your PC to listen to these. Get a free
player from www.real.com.
In addition, A.S.K. has produced several very fine quality CD albums for
your listening pleasure. Visit our Audio CD
section for details.
- VIDEO PRESENTATIONS
- Periodically, A.S.K. posts a video taped presentation by Dr. Martin. These
are available for viewing right here on the Web site. Please visit our
Video Presentations section to watch these. You will need Real Networks
Real Video player to view these videos.
- ASK RESOURCES
- The Resources section of our web site contains helpful information about
A.S.K., Find out about ordering
policies, view a list of links to other web sites that may be of interest
to you. Be sure to visit these pages for an overall picture of our
- TO ORDER PUBLICATIONS
OR MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO A.S.K.
- You can order any of our books, cassette series, past reprint articles
or make a contribution to A.S.K. from our order page. This page is a
hyperlink on many of our web pages or in our Resources menu. It is easy to order online.
A.S.K. now accepts online credit card orders.
Simply complete the order form, including the credit card information, and
click the ORDER button at the bottom of the form. The transaction is
secure and your order will be sent to our office staff for processing.
Once your credit has been approved, we will quickly send your order to
you. This will save you time and effort.
- Note that orders are entered and processed under
the web security system. The order page and processing page are encrypted
for your protection during order entry. Rest assured that your credit card
information is protected from access while placing an order.
ADVANCED SITE SEARCH
- Per the request of our frequent visitors, the A.S.K. webmaster has
enhanced the web site search capabilities. You can now ask a plain English
question or search by phrase or keywords. If you don't find what you need
with a question, try a keywords search. You can even search for an exact
phrase or sequence of words. Our search engine even understands that if
you search for the word cry, it will return various constructs of that
word such as crying, cries, or cried. A welcome enhancement!